There’s no doubt about it, we’re in the Christmas spirit! Christmas is always a BIG time for us foodies, but this year will be extra special. Our Wellington Selection Box has just been voted “Best Christmas Recipe Box 2021” by Good Housekeeping. Pitted against some of the biggest names in food, from leading supermarkets to online retailers and independent shops, we couldn’t be more thrilled!
“We’d be very happy to have The Cookaway’s Wellington take centre stage on our Christmas table…our panel simply couldn’t fault it.” – Good Housekeeping
But if you’re not ready to jingle bells and tackle the tree just yet, read on to find out what makes our menu the Best Christmas Recipe Box in the UK…
Best Christmas Recipe Box: Wellington Selection Box
Our show-stopping centre-piece is available in:
- Beef fillet: Perfectly seasoned with a kick of Dijon mustard, wrapped in a traditional mushroom duxelle and delicate prosciutto.
- Chicken: Slice through golden puff pastry and tender chicken breast to reveal an exotic stuffing of dried fruit and nuts.
- Mushroom: Rich, earthy Portobello mushrooms, sweet butternut squash layered with juicy sultanas and festive walnuts combine to create our indulgent meat-free Wellington.
TOP TIP: Keep your pastry as chilled as possible before baking to achieve the ultimate “puff”!
Never one to leave the main event flying solo, we’ve got a selection of accompaniments to choose from:
- Savoy Cabbage & Pancetta: The perfect combination of braised cabbage, salty pancetta and sweet leeks cooked in stock and finished off with a splash of cream. Delicious!
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes: The perfect accompaniment to your Wellington are mouth-watering golden roasted potatoes. Need we say more?
- Creamed Leek and Spinach: Beautiful slow cooked leeks combined with vibrant spinach finished with cream for the ultimate winter greens.
Dessert? Oh go on then, it’s christmas…
There is something particularly special about our chocolate fondant with orange Chantilly cream. Completely indulgent and totally calorie free… (okay, that last bit isn’t ‘strictly’ true).
But why not, it’s Christmas! There are no Brussels sprouts or figgy pudding in sight. Treat yourself to the best box for a five-star Christmas dinner. After all, how else will you guarantee your Christmas afternoon nap?
Can’t wait that long? Nor can we! Whether it’s a special birthday, an anniversary to celebrate or simply just because it’s Sunday – you can order our boxes for delivery from now.
Enjoy a foodie Christmas, with love from everyone at The Cookaway x